From:
"March, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 11:44:00 -0800
Can someone tell us exactly what the heck happened on 11/8?  From what I
understood from CDFA1, the commission is claiming lack of authority.
Someone mentioned a rumor from Ferrets Anon in SoCal that they're claiming
the authority on the subject of fert domesticity lies with the *federal*
"Fish&Wildlife" agency?  Say what?

My point is, if the F&G Commission has declined the authority, well then,
who *does* have the authority to make the decision.  Think, people: when was
the last time you heard of a gov't agency *declining* power?!?!  It's
unheard of - violates every principle of modern government <snork>.

So just who is this Mr. Christenson, and what's his phone number and first
name?  I intend to do a very polite call, asking basically "OK, so you guys
can't declare them domestic, so who can?".

If the source in Ferrets Anon is correct, I'll get dumped on some clueless
feds, but that's OK...'cause I'm gonna record the call to Christenson's
office - I'm also gonna try and get him to admit on tape that F&G doesn't
have jurisdiction over domestics, that the only reason there's a fert ban is
they're on the "wild thing" list.  And if a simple letter on fed agency
stationary saying, in effect, "Why yes of _course_ ferts are domestic,
everybody knows _that_" then *bingo*?  COULD THAT POSSIBLY BE ALL IT TAKES
TO LEGALIZE FERTS NOW?

See, the Fish&Gestapo as Mo'Bob so affectionately puts may have finally,
massively screwed up.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but in at least one
of the full legalization efforts in the legislature, didn't we lose because
a Senate committee "didn't want to step on F&G Commision's turf"?  And *now*
the commission is claiming it ain't their decision, AIN'T THEIR TURF?

Say *what*?  That''s gonna go over like a lead balloon in court...come on,
people, we've been screwed but it's such an *obvious* and flagrant screwing
over that we still have a chance.