From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:00:42 -0700
Luke (2-3 year old shelter ferret) has been getting worse... as everyone
knows....

He had been in a couple of weeks ago and was found that he had
helicobacter...He went in last week and it was found that he had an ear
infection and ear mites....

But he didn't get any better with medication....

Force feeding wasn't helping....

So he went back in this morning.  The x-ray showed something in his
stomach.  A mass of some sort, the vet is thinking hairball.....

BUT

He is too weak to go through surgery......

So, he is at the vets on IV right now.  They will try to bulk him up
before doing surgery.  Giving him fluids, meds and nutra-cal.

I will be going by at lunch time to see him.  I know they won't do the
surgery today, too weak for it.  But if he has to be on IV all night, I
am going to ask that he come home at night.  There is no one there during
the night and I would feel better with him at home with me.

Please keep him in your thoughts....

Joanne