From:
Linda Doran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:18:47 -0600
Finally, the moment I've been waiting for arrived.  The Sierra Club came
knocking at my door this evening asking for their perennial $35 donation to
join their organization and support their latest environmental campaign.  I
happened to pick up a ferret on my way to the front door.  This college-age
guy asked me, "What's that?" "A ferret," I said.  "Oh, it's a ferret!" he
said with surprise.  I said, "Yeah, and the Sierra Club has formally come
out against legalizing these guys in California.  So I decided I'm not
going to support any more of your campaigns."

Well, he was not a happy camper.  He insisted that he wanted to leave me
with a petition that I needed to sign and get into the mail to President
Clinton by tomorrow morning.  I said it wasn't likely I would do it in
light of the situation in California.  He said he was talking about THIS
campaign.  I said, "Well, I'm interested in MY campaign.  Bye!  Have a nice
evening."

End of conversation.

          Linda, Esperanza, Lucky Charm, Angel,
          Zipper, and Chocolate Moose