From:
Violette Malomay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:38:59 EST
Hi to All,
Thoughts and prayers to all with losses and sick babies.

I have a question.  We have a male ferret, not quite 2 yrs old.  Recently
he has started this really strange thing with his favorite toy.  We have
a plush, fairly good size toy, that we got for him the day we brought him
home.  The last couple of days we have caught him, well, it looks like he
is trying to mate with it.  We have 5 other ferrets, 2 males and 3 females,
he does not bother them, just this plush toy.  He grabs hold and just kind
of lays there, a little bit of movement but, no much.  He will do this
until we take it away from him.  Should I be worried?  Is this a sign that
maybe there is something wrong with him?  It is funny to watch but, I am
puzzled by this action.  I know there is an illness that causes male
ferrets to act this way but, I figured it would be with the other ferrets,
not a toy.  The poor thing, he has such a look of concentration on his
face.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Vi, Michael and the gang of six