From:
Northern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 04:59:32 -0700
Here is an update on Bruno.  He was released Monday afternoon and I was
told to check in every day with the Doctor.  X-rays revealed a very
enlarged prostate but no stones in the kidneys or bladder.  Doctor
suspects possible seasonal adrenal.  Culture was done on the urine and
the right antibiotic was given.

Here is a list medications:
Melatonin, for the enlarged prostate.
Baytril-banana, for the infection.
Pediapred. for inflammation.

Bruno is peeing on his own.  It is frequent and we think it is because of
the enlarged prostate.  He is not up to full speed yet and stays up for
15 minutes every 5 hours or so.  He is eating and drinking but I m still
worried.  He did better when he had his spleen removed.

Surgery is not an option at this point.  I will not put Bruno through
penis removal.  It has not anything to do with a man thing .  I did this
with a cat about 20 years ago and my kitty was miserable till he died in
his sleep a few months later.  I asked about prostate removal and the
Doctor said he would refer to me someone else.  He does not think it
should be done to ferrets.  I ll go with his opinion.

Thank you all for the info and the words of kindness.  I ll update again
in a week or so.

M.Northern