From:
xx torAMOSlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 03:18:56 +0000
As this is an international board I thought that there may be ferret
breeders outside the USA and Canada who read the post may be interested
in helping Michelle Hawkins out, if anyone can please do so.

Thanks
Hi Mr O'Sullivan:

Thank you so much for your help with this project.  We are looking for
breeders that do not have ferrets with either adrenal or pancreatic
disease in their current ferrets as well as no family history of the
diseases.  We are looking at the UK because their seems to be less of the
diseases there at this point than in other parts of the world.  However,
if there is a breeder elsewhere in the world that has ferrets without
these diseases and can definitely say there is no evidence of the disease
in the familys of the ferrets, then we would welcome their samples as
well.

I hope this answers your question.  I will send you out sample
information with instructions on collecting the samples, etc.  Since
these are dry swabs, there should be no problems with shipping into
the US.

Warm regards,
Michelle Hawkins

--
Michelle Hawkins VMD Dipl. ABVP (Avian Practice)
Assistant Professor

--
Please contact me I can be of any help, I am not a vet and in the past
30+ years none of my animals have visited my vet for anything other than