From:
Patricia Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 1994 20:26:57 EDT
RE your question on the Mazuri food and TF in comparison to the protein and
other key areas.

Mazuri does have 38% protein whereas TF has 36%.  The difference is that the
Mazuri has both corn gluten meal and soybean meal as major protein sources,
both of which are very poorly digested by the ferret.  The fat level is lower
in Mazuri (20.5%) than TF (22%).  Mazuri uses animal fat rather than the
higher quality, higher digestable chicken and poultry fat that TF uses.
 Also, Mazuri has a high ash level (7.5%) which concerns me since ferrets are
very sensitive to lower urinary tract diseases.

I hope this answers your questions and thank you for your comments.

Dr. Tom Willard
TOT FERRET