From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 21:43:22 -0500
My Ferret Friend  By Stephanie Sheme

I wander my home so quiet so still,
I forgot you were gone your bowl I did fill.
I looked for you on your hammie near the door,
but your soul was set free
your not here anymore.
I loved to watch you dance across my bed,
and go ker-plop as you dove off the edge.
And to watch you chase the cats
oh how they'd run,
that meant hours of human and fuzzy fun.
Only two pounds of ferret that the dog did fear
when you'd sneak up and snip him on the rear.
Your fur was so soft, silky and smooth,
your littles eyes full of adventures
you were always on the move.
I loved to watch you nappin in the sun,
I know oneday again we will be one.
I waited last night for you to get your treat before bed,
and thought I felt my hand rest upon your head.
My dear little ferret where are you now?
I know there's a ferret heaven
and you'll be waiting there somehow.
So play with your ferret friends,
but stay near my heart