Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 01:54:52 -0400
Well Misty was hospitalized today.  The vet said she was very bad off.
Very dehydrated.  Totally lethargic.  And just not like a ferret.  She has
no mouth ulcers THANK GOD.  As a matter of fact she ate some.  She is very
nauseated.  She will gag and try to throw up but nothing will come out.
She was given Sub-q fluids and IV-fluids and anti-biotics.  She was more
energetic when I left.  If the Diarea does not clear up he will want to do
an exploratory.  I don't really trust him.  I just found out about him.
Does any one know about him or any other vet that is in the area of
Jacksonville, Wilmington NC area?  Also if I decide I would like to try
someone else I could really trust with the surgery I will be doing a very
intensive interview.  I would love to here about questions to ask the vet.
What would you ask a veterinarian you were thinking of using for your
fuzzies?  Any help at all would help.  One of the things the vet said it
might be is a reaction to the Lupron shot she recieved Feb.  14, 2000.  Has
anyone else's ferrets had this?  Uncontrollable, Incurable diarrhea that
just comes and goes.  But usually comes.

Also I got a new addition two days ago.  Her name is Flower.  She and
Thumper get along very well.  She is a sable female descented, and spayed.
She went in today for a physical examination and first shot.  She was given
the first FerVac.  she has to return in about two weeks for her rabies.
And then a week after that for the FerVac booster.  She had no reactions at
all.  But is very lonely tonight because We put Thumper in with Misty so
she would not get too stressed out and also the fact that she will only eat
when she is in the cage with Thumper.

Dooks and Blessings from NC

Linda,
Misty---Mommie I don't feel so good.  Can I have some more of that
Nutri-Cal stuff.
Thumper---Hey who's the new girl?  And where is my Misty?
Flower---Wow this place is cool so much to do.  I think I am going to
         crown under the sink as mine.