Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:44:43 EDT
I was talking this weekend with a couple of other shelter people about
what shelters really need...volunteers, supplies, etc...and we all came
to a consensus:

What we really need are homes for the ferrets in our shelters.  Yes,
food, supplies, and all that are great and please don't get me wrong it
really helps with the bills...but what really helps is reducing the
numbers of ferrets in the shelter...I can't speak for others but right
now I am so full that I have a waiting list (9 families) of ferrets
coming into the shelter.  I know there are about 3,000 members on this
list alone..and most are located close to a shelter...couldn't you
consider adding just one or two ferrets into your household - is
fostering is an option with them?  You have no idea what reducing JUST
ONE CAGE can do to help your local ferret shelter......

Please...think about it - your local shelter will love you and a needy
ferret will get the home they desperately need.  Thank you!

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
www.ferrethaven.org