Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:45:38 -0400
At 02:00 AM 10/25/2000, you wrote:
>The vet didn't apologize or admit any wrong doing.  I didn't freak out
>(I really wanted to).  I don't think I should have to pay for anything
>regarding this paralysis.  I think the vet should cover the bill.  I don't
>even want to take her back there.  I think they should even pay for me
>to take her someplace else.  Does anyone have any advice?  Do vets have
>malpractice insurance.  I don't want to sue them.  I just want them to
>pay for any treatment regarding this paralysis.  I took her in for a sore
>throat, and came out w/ a ferret who can't walk.

My blood boiled when I read your post.  I would definitely tell the vet
that you want them to cover the expenses for this horrid malpractice or
you will take legal action.  If a doctor had treated a human patient for
a sore throat and ended up paralyzing her/him, the doctor sure wouldn't
be telling the person to "go home and try not to move much"!

I really hope everything works out for you.  Your vet should not get away
with this atrocity.

Amber, Sitra, and Loki