Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 23:51:24 -0400
Dear ferret fans,

Californians for Ferret Legalization has printed over 4,000 Wanted posters
so far, plus thousands of Ferret Fact Sheets, and now, over 1,000
Legislative Alerts regarding the Sierra Club/Audubon opposition.  We've
advised ferret enthusiasts via first class mail of the fact that their
representative would determine the outcome of the vote in the Water, Parks
and Wildlife Committee, as well as the Appropriations Committee, and they
should write or phone immediately to have their position heard.  Those
mailings alone totaled almost 900 individuals.  We also receive between 7-15
inquiries each week about the legislation in California and mail information
packets to all Californians that contact us (due to the volume of calls and
letters, I 've had to forgo requests for school project information).

As you might imagine, this is expensive and we need your help if we are to
be able to continue.  So far we've been successful with two legislative
committee hearings going in our favor.  Please help us continue this trend.
The Senate will be tougher, there's no question about that and we want to
reach every Californains that cares about this issue with the information he
or she needs to become involved.  Sadly, most of them are not on the
internet, otherwise this would not be as expensive as it is turning out to
be.

Please consider a donation to Californians for Ferret Legalization as we
head to the Assembly floor and then hopefully on to the Senate.

Checks should be made out to:

Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road
Woodside, CA  94062

A really big thank you to all who have donated in the past.  We couldn't
reach the people we are reaching without your help.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www.ccnet.com/~beisners/gsfs/lobby.html
CALIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER AND STATE SENATOR BY
VISITING THIS SITE!! IT'S TIME TO CALL AND WRITE YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER--THE
FLOOR VOTE WILL HAPPEN SOON!