From:
sheena staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:46:20 -0800
>From:    "Thomas J. Balevre" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: (Fwd) Passing of a loving Ferret
>The reason I'm writing this is to be able to express my grief and to tell
>you about a very loving Ferret named Snoopers.

Tom, I am very sorry to hear about your beloved Snoopers.  It seems that the
first to go is always the hardest.  I had to euthanize my 7 year old, Fang,
last September and it was not an easy decision, but my friends were there,
in person and on the FML, to give me support.  It is difficult, but the best
thing for you to do is remember the good times and pour over all of your
pictures and laugh with friends who knew him too.  I have a poem in my
ferret room about having to euthanize a beloved ferret, and I keep it there
to remind me that I did the right thing for The Ancient Fang.  He's in a
better place and hopefully, he's playing tag with Snoopers right now.  My
condolences.

>From:    Tillie Evers <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Food
>Somebody help me out if you can.  I would like to give my Fuzzy the best
>diet possible, I have tried both Iams and Marshalls and she wouldn't touch
>them.  When I mixed them with the food she eats now, she'll eat all her
>regular food and leave all the other.  Right now she gets Sensible Choise
>Kitten,

My ferrets also eat Sensible Choice, a mixture of SC Kitten and Cat and Iams
Kitten.  They thrive on this mixture and have beautiful coats.  It's always
a thrill to put new rescues on this food and watch them develop into the
beautiful ferrets they were meant to be.  We add Brewer's Yeast sometimes as
well.  While my ferrets are not picky eaters, they cannot be persuaded to
eat ferret food of any kind.  We get 8-in-1 here in Vancouver but it's far
too expensive to feed to all 7 of mine.  Totally Ferret is so far
unavailable, so I am sticking to what I've got.  And as I've said, they do
really well on it and many people have switched to a mixture of SC and Iams
and love the results.

To Cory: Sorry I can't help you out about the heart murmur information, but
I love your ferret's name ... possibly because I have a Mazzy as well :)
She's a ruby eyed wannabe stripe in a very striking grey and white.  She's
also as deaf as a doornail and we generally just call her "Hey Stop That-Oh
What Am I Doing She Can't Hear Me Anyway" and sometimes we call her Miss
Moo.  She just wanted to say hi to the other Mazzy :)

Sheena and the Hoarde
Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
"dedicated to the preservation of the domestic ferret as a
 household pet", a no-kill, not-for-profit ferret facility.
For more information about the FFCR try our homepage:
< http://www.geopages.com/Colosseum/1575 >