From:
"Larry D. Tilford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 07:48:31 -0700
I'm writing to ask that the discussion of MF be put to bed.  Most of the
"data" being discussed is unverifiable and based entirely or at least
largely on emotion.  What prompted me to write was the insistence by alpachi
that MF throw open their doors to us.  Why on earth would Marshall Farms
want to open their doors to obviously militant inspectors?  Perhaps I'm
over-sensitive to the issue because of the numbers of "animal rights
advocates" (read: animal rights terrorists) in the area.  However, I also
will defend Marshall Farms right to privacy and protection from hysterical
emotionalists.  As has been said several times in the past, were it not for
Marshall Farms, many of us would never had been exposed to these delightful
creatures.  For that alone I am grateful.

You've heard some excellent responses from an MF spokesperson.  Now, please
let it rest and lay off for awhile.

Lar