From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 08:43:02 -0400
I've heard the claim that the ferret is the 3rd most popular pet, only
trailing the dog and cat.  I think that's great, but is this a fact that has
been determined or is it just an opinion?

I'd like to use that information in something I'm putting together, but I
don't want make a false statement.  Whatever happen to birds?  Or does this
"3rd most popular" statement refer only to mammals?  Even though I'm in the
South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue and thoroughly immersed in ferrets, I
still know more people with birds (I have one myself... a rescued
cockatiel!).  Then there's fish, which I wouldn't consider a "pet" in the
usual sense though I'm sure you'd get quite an argument about that from fish
lovers everywhere.

  Mike