From:
Julie Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:23:14 -0700
Way back in '99, my hubby and I had the honor of making our first
surrender-pick-up for our new friend CJ at 24 Carat Ferret.  Full of
self-righteous indignation, we arrived at this cold, cruel, heartless
woman's doorstep to 'dispose' of her daughter's ferrets...and were
greeted by the sweetest little old lady.  Her daughter had dumped the
pair on her, and the poor ferts had been confined to their cage ever
since.  Did I mention the seeing eye dog?  She couldn't possibly let the
guys out...you think you have trouble finding your ferrets?  So we headed
home, intending (really!) to foster the pair for a few days, till CJ had
a moment to spare.  Four years later... Space Ghost was born an alpha.
A big, bossy, overbearing albino- who runs and hides from loud noises.
His only soft spot was for his little brother Brak, a small dark sable
loverboy.  Brak loved everyone and everything.  He played if you wanted
to play, snuggled when you needed some quiet time, and gave kisses only
when you really, really needed them.  And he always knew... He adored his
brother Ghost, and his cat Bagheera the Panther.  He liked to stick his
nose in the vacuum hose.  Most of all, he loved to romp in the grass of
our backyard while we swam; fighting the evil sprinkler heads, and
occasionally riding the Ferret-Ferry raft from one side of the pool to
the other.

Brak departed for the Rainbow Bridge one week ago, on Saturday night.
Sandee- please make sure he has found his family there.  Once Ping has
finished cleaning Brak's ears, I know Scrubby will be ready to play.

One less furry face to greet us in the morning; one more guardian angel
to watch over us.

Julie & the Woozles
6 in the cupboards
4 in my heart