From:
Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 17:16:35 GMT
I definitely now know that my ferrets can sense my moods.  Much like the
way my dog used to.

The day I "ferret-proofed" I was a bit perturbed.  I had a bad day, had
not heard from companies that i sent resumes to...the whole nine yards.
My ferrets avoided me like the plague.  In fact, they ran back and forth
feverishly stashing food under the bed and in various socks on the floor.
This was not their "normal" stashing - this was full fledged, end of the
world stashing.  I think they behaved this way because my mood conveyed
that "Yes, in fact it is the end of the world".  My iguana just looked at
me like "now you have come to my point of view".  Then, Chimi and Pepe
started to attack my hubby's feet.  Hmm, much like mom was treating him....

THEN, yesterday the clouds broke.  I got a job offer, a counter reaction
from my current company, plus another job interview all in a matter of an
hour.  I was flipping out!  So I go home get the scuttle butts out and they
are ecstatic.  They played with me on the floor for a good 20 minutes.
THey jumped, flipped, dooked, wardanced...you name it.  They gave me
kisses, they brought me toys...oh it was great.  The iguana looked at me
like "Great, you schizophrenic doof, give me some fruit"

And the other night, when I was sick, both ferrets would follow me to the
bathroom and check on me.  They would do little moth touches on my leg to
see if I was ok.  It was so weird.  They really looked concerned.  Again,
the iguana just looked like "I hope you got salmonella from me, give me
some strawberries"

I know they can sense it, whether it's my actions or vibes I put out...they
definitely change with the moods.

Hug the fuzzies for me, because they worry about you just as much as you do
about them.

Have a great holiday weekend!
Stephanie, Chimi & Pepe