From:
Diane Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:07:59 -0800
Well I did not feel comfortable waiting.  I have named the foundling
Chances and he went to the vet yesterday.  Thank goodness.  x rays revealed
no bone injury to the leg but the vet suspected some sort of trauma.  He is
putting weight on it today and getting around a bit better.  Now the bad
news.  He has a roaring case of pnmonia(sp).  We are treating him with
Baytril and upon 2nd look at the x rays, Dr. Maddox found a tear that was
allowing his intestines to spill out.  We can actually feel them under his
skin.  She did not feel him a good surgical candidate with him being as
sick as he is so she wants to try to get him over the cold and then treat
the intestinal problem.  He is not boun up and is pooping all right at
this time.  He is not eating or drinking on his own but I expected that.
He eats with relish from a syringe but is not very happy with forced
waterings<G>.  Keep Chances in your thoughts for the next 10 days and
hopefully he will make a ful recovery.

Diana and The Ferret Farm