From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:20:06 +1000
>Ok, here's another new one for me...I made a pizza last night, and
>while i was sitting on the floor eating it, Teri came over and started
>lapping up the pizza sauce!  I moved it away, and she waddled right
>over and started licking at it again!  Of I took it out of her reach
>then, but it is safe for ferrets?

This was me last night - but don't think pizza, it was... well, let me
start at the beginning.

I got home late last night and was dropped off by a friend.  I dropped
some stuff by the door and went back out to get more stuff out of her car.
I carried some of the stuff into my room.

I put the stuff on the floor and leaned over to play with the fuzzies.
Next thing I know there's a crunching sound - I looked over and Tabitha
was picking up a common garden snail in her mouth and chowing down.  Now,
I'm not a fussy eater, but I thought "Tabitha, REALLY!!!" and picked it up
on the floor.  The snail didn't seem any worse for wear so I put it up on
my desk to take out to the garden (I just couldn't bring myself to squash
it in my room).

Then I was watching the late night news, and a little distracted.
Meanwhile, Tabitha climbs the vertical drawers up to the desk and starts
crunching the snail again.  By now the snail is a little worse for wear,
so I took it outside and put it out of its misery...

What is it with her???  Has she developed a taste for fine French
cuisine???  Does she have a French ancestor???  LOL!!!

<grin> Ferrets: endless hours of amusement.

Georgina, with Tabitha the snail eating ferret "Oui, is vera yummee
and crunchie" and Dora the sultana eating ferret "Tabitha! At least
my prey is DEAD!!!"