Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:54:39 -0600
I need anybody out there who has given their ferret Milk Thistle with any
success to share your secrets with me.  I decided to try it for little
Fang, as the vet had said his liver was not cancerous, but *nutmeggy*.
(He had surgery for insulinoma and his right adrenal ; during this time I
was told his liver looked like *a nutmeg liver*) the said there wasn't much
of a *good part* there to be able to regenerate itself, but I want to try.
I have heard you talk about milk thistle for regenerating the liver, but
have no idea what to do with the capsules I just bought.  How do I
administer, and break up into what proportions?  Do I put some of the
powder in Ferretone to disguise the flavor?  I have read just recently
that Ferretone might inhibit the absorption of a drug?

Speaking of Ferretone, could somebody- in -the- know please tell me how
much is too much?  Is it the vit.  A that can have negative repercussions?
I give him a total of one tsp.  a day (one half tsp.with each of his
pediapred dosages, which is twice a day).  He laps up the meds this way,
and I hate to cut back on the Ferretone if he refuses to take the pred if
it tastes yukky.  If I have to put the Milk Thistle in Ferretone also, I am
afraid I will be giving him TOO MUCH Ferretone, and I think too much Vit.
A is hard on the liver, but I'm not sure.  (I haven't researched this yet;
I was hoping to learn from those of you who have been through this).  I
try to remember info that I read here, but as I said before, a lot gets
forgotten and isn't fresh when one needs it.  Please, someone, refresh me.

Last request : Has anybody heard of Bob C.'s whereabouts lately?  I as
skipping around in the FML issues from the last two weeks trying to catch
up, but I'm still behind.  Once one gets behind, it is almost impossible
to catch up!!  I read about him way back around March 16, but need to know
where he is now.  He was supposed to come through my town, but I don't have
a clue when that might be.  (I'm in the southern Colo. mountain area).

Thank you SO MUCH ahead of time for any help you might my way with these
questions.

Bless your hearts, and happy tails to you,
lizzi