From:
Suni Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 14:38:06 EST
Hi All-

I emailed the FML about a couple of cages we need for single ferrets.
Ours were taken and then given away later when we had someone transport
some ferrets out of state for us.  They didn't even go with the ferrets as
there were cages waiting on the other end in LA, but to the person who
graciously transported them for us (they gave them away).  I am writing
here because the person who was responsible for the cages will not read
any email I send as they felt I was rude in asking them to take
responsibility for the cages they gave away and asking them to replace
them with either new ones, the money to replace them or even with
comparable used cages should they come into their shelter.  I was willing
to work it out and even apologized ahead of time if I sounded angry, but
I was since I'd emailed them and called back in July and received no
response at all to either.  I was angry since they knew well our shelter
can't afford to give all our cages away....I wish we could, but did it
anyway without asking.

What I want to say to this person is that I am truly sorry if you felt my
email was rude, but I've had several people read it who think I was nice
about it considering it's taken 5 months since the cages were to be
returned to get a response.  Either way, and irregardless I am sorry if
you felt I was rude as I certainly did not intend to be taken that way.  I
wholeheartedly appreciated the time and effort you took to transport our
ferrets last December to LA, so another friend could take them out of
state to a shelter waiting in New Mexico.  I realize you asked for nothing
in return and was very grateful.

That said, I feel I have a valid point in stating that we did have an
agreement that you would return the cages when you came to rodeo that next
summer.  When I contacted you early the month of rodeo both by phone and
email (I have it on record for proof if you need it, since you say I did
neither), I received no reply.  I can only assume you'd already given the
cages away at that point, but irregardless of what happened to them, you
were responsible for them did not have the right to give them away as they
were not yours to give.  Had you called and told me or asked first, I
would have said not to worry about it and if someone really needed them
OK, but you did not, hence I was upset.

At this time the point is mute, the cages are gone and I'm not going to
ask you to replace for two reasons: Mainly because, if the cages were put
to good use for the ferrets then that is what matters most to me.  If
another shelter or person was in need of a few cages then that's were they
should be used.  I was just truly upset you didn't call and ask or tell
me.....that's what really upset me.  I know at some point we will need a
single cage or two and won't have one to use, but I also know that at
times when we need things they have a way of showing up.  So, that being
said.....I think that's enough.  Again, for all to hear I am sorry if
anything I said was perceived as rude......I truly appreciate what you did
to help get some ferrets to their new homes and I know you put the cages
to good use for other ferrets, and that's most important isn't it?  The
Ferrets we help.  So, arguing over who is responsible for a few cages
seems petty in the grand scheme of things, so........again, I apologize.

Suni
SunFerret Shelter & Rescue