From:
Kirsten Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:32:56 -0500
Dooks and giggles all-

I'm writing today to ask for help with my 5 year old male ferret that has
a right adrenal gland tumor, and is doing fine, but the vet said to look
to see if he's having trouble urinating, due to the fact that the tumor
could have grown and started pushing on the urethra, causing him pain
while urinating.  Well, i wasn't certain earlier because i didn't know if
he just was trying to get treats or if he really was going a lot.  I'm
pretty sure now.  He goes VERY often, or at least goes to the litter box
like he is going, then doesn't even come looking for treats.  I've been
trying to check to see if he actually does anything when he makes a trip,
and whenever i do check, he seems to have gone.  BUT WHY then is he going
so very much?  Does anyone possibly think his tumor is starting to
discomfort him and he's having problems?  What should i go ahead and do
now?

I'd like to get some ideas from you guys before i go pay for another vet
bill and get told everything's fine again.  I'm getting an ultra-sound
done as soon as i can, but that may be another week or two.  No other
behavior changes have occurred, but he was never very active.  Please
advise.  Thanks.

-Kirsten, Teddy(the little man) and Rugsby