From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:43:43 -0600
Ever since the day that I was playing outside with my girls when Minerva
noticed the airplanes, it has opened up a whole new world to her.  There is
life above her head!  It only took her 3 years to realize this. : )

She has begun to constantly look up at things.  Last night she was utterly
fascinated with the doorknob.  I have never seen a healthy, conscious
ferret stay that still for that long.  I swear she stood there in the
middle of the hallway looking at the doorknob to the bathroom for a full 6
minutes.  She has just been hopping a few feet then stopping and finding
some new miracle up above her to stare at.  She is so funny!

Frumpstiggle has met the new love of her life.  My daughter's Barbie doll.
She takes this doll with her every where.  I have pulled her out from under
the couch, under the poppasan (sp?), under the cabinet in the bathroom and
even the hammock in the cage.

Every time she finds her it's like she's never seen her before.  She'll
smell the hair and wardance, she'll drag her a little then wardance... Her
favorite way to play with her is to take it into the bathroom, drag it up
on a step stool and drop her down in the bathtub.  For some reason she
thinks this is the funniest thing she's ever seen.  She just chuckles and
wardances so hard that she jumps right off the stool then climbs back up
looks over and does it all again.  Which, of course, simply thrills my five
year old daughter... ; )

I would like to read up on ferret biology and medicine - such as what are
the normal ranges for vitals and CBCs,what medicines are used to treat
what, etc.  I don't have too much of a medical background so higher level
is too much and lower level doesn't provide enough.  Can any one recommend
some good reading material?

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle
in Denver, CO