From:
Michele Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:03:59 -0400
A GREAT BIG THANKS to everyone who emailed me about my insulinoma
question.  I have received so many responses I cannot all email you back
personally.  I really wish I could, but my 3 month old daughter and my
insulinoma fuzzy have been keeping me busy!  I want to thank you so much
for your input and support.  I guess I was just being blind (or maybe
didn't want to believe) it was insulinoma.  But the more and more emails
I read, it made lots of sense.  I am a ferret health knowledgeable
person, but it seems that you get in some kind of fog when it happens to
you!

I am going to talk to my vet again, tell him what I found out, and in
about 6 months (or as needed) ask him to go back in to do a partial
pancreotomy (sp?).

Some of you asked what I was doing to help her feel good and keep her
sugar level stabilized... well, I am giving her .5ml carafate followed
by .5ml pred 2x per day.  The carafate is straight - she loves it; and
the pred is mixed in with a tiny bit of Ferretvite in lots of A/D.  She
loves licking it off the plate.  She seems to be doing just fine with
this feeding schedule.  I make sure she gets it at 9am & 9pm.  If her
group is lucky they get some extra A/D as a treat.  She does NOT get
sugar/junky treats.  I limit all of their treat intakes anyways.  The
good thing is she is picky about the treats she eats!

I'll keep you posted on what happens in the future.

Thanks again for all your responses and input.  It surely did help.  It's
so nice to have such a great support group like the FML!

-Michele and the 9 fuzzies