From:
Mary Stuler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 13:23:55 -0500
I wanted to put in on this one too, I was a substitute teacher quite a
while back and I do NOT think it is safe for a ferret to have to call a
classroom a "home".  They depend on us humans.  They can't call for help
if they get hurt or sick during the night or when no one is there.  We
have to be there for them.  We wouldn't leave our human kids unattended
for long periods of time.  I understand we have to work and that is a
risk but there is a better chance of helping after a few hours than a
weekend.  The school kids are, from I've seen, most of the time uncaring
when it comes to anything but them selves.  I'm not saying all kids but
it takes only a few to disrespect an innocent little fuzzy and turn into
a harmful or bad situation.

Mary and Casper