From:
"Christine Herman-- Ms. Ferret Lover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:35:28 EDT
>...The number of ferret rescues springing up from these practices is all
>the proof you need that excessive breeding (and in breeding) exists.  From
>the time they leave the farm they are victims of ignorance and neglect.
>Then the customer comes along.  They walk out with their new pet with no
>more education about the ferret than when they walked in.  The pet stores
>are not ( in most cases) informing the customer about the basic care and
>needs of a ferret , not to mention the projected medical expenses for the
>host of diseases that ferrets are susceptible to.
>
>Please don t respond to this post with accusations of bashing.  This is
>not bashing.  This is truth and these are my experiences and it's about
>time something is done.
>
>Kim Fox
>
>These comments do not reflect the opinion of the FML.

i am sorry to be way behind in my posts- kim i know you are not just
bashing as i have seen these practices in pet stores myself..i have had
experience with 'puppy mills' and such- you want to do something/ write
me---i have had it with the market for live animals, and am a pretty
scrappy lady myself-

-peace,
christine
this also does not reflect the opinion of the fml

[Moderator's note: I didn't know the FML had a singular opinion.  That's
kinda a good thing about it.  BIG]