From:
Minta Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:50:18 -0800
Actually, I didn't mention it, but I think Linus the Eldest *has* had
ECE.  A couple months after I first got him (he was 1 1/2 yrs old), he
got really really sick.  He didn't get "green stools" necessarily but
they were quite watery and off-color.  He slept, did nothing else.  For
almost 2 weeks.  I had to force feed him food, fluids, and antibiotics
literally every 3 hours (not the antibiotics, obviously).  I kept him
separate from my other two, but of course only after he showed signs of
sickness so he got the other 2 sick.  He got better but had another
relapse.  All told, I think it was 6 weeks of my nursing the 3 of them
constantly (I even took them to work with me), but they did get better.
Now, years and years later, Linus has IBD, and his roomie Zooey was also
diagnosed with IBD.  The 3rd ferret, Elsa, she got really really sick
when she was about 3 and died.  Possibly lymphoma, it happened pretty
fast, and her decline was fairly steady.

but also, I thought you could test for ADV?  Towards the end of Zooey's
life they suggested her problems might have been complicated by ADV, but
she died before we could do a test.  We haven't gotten to that stage with
Linus yet.

Minta, Linus & Ralphie