From:
"Laura D. Ginter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 21:09:33 -0700
For the past couple of years I have been reading the Ferret Digest and have
even gotten some really good advice off of it, but have never read the
answer to the two questions I am about to ask.  First off, I read in one
book that ferrets were part of the otter family.  Another book states that
they are part of the weasel family.  Does anybody have an idea as to which
way it goes?  I have also read that ferrets will attack rabbits.  Is this
domesticated ferrets too?  My neighbor has a rabbit and we decided to see
what would happen.  The rabbit hopped towards my ferret Abu, but Abu just
sniffed at the rabbit.  Abu didn't seem to think any differently of the
rabbit than he does of other animals that come around.  I never leave either
of my ferrets alone with another animal, but does anybody know what their
true instinct is?

Thank you for your help.

Laura, Abu, and Zazu