Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 11:41:00 +0000
Hi All - I think Yaniv, Sigalit and I are discovering the dangers of being
an emergency shelter.... So far we end up keeping the little monsters!
Over the past few weeks we have placed several and kept several - how do
the rest of you that have shelters keep from falling in love????

My new little hob (till next week's vet appointment anyway...) was found by
my boss (!).  Picture the Director of the zoo running excitedly down the
sidewalk shouting "See what I found!!!" Inside a cardboard carton was a
roughly 5 - 6 month old sable.  This little sweetie was covered with fleas,
ticks and had a nasty case of ear mites.  Well, he is now clean, shiny,
vaccinated and firmly established as the newest addition to my crew.  My
hobs loved him at first dook, but my female EB took a few days to decide it
was OK.... Have named the silly thing Scuba as he insists on swimming and
diving in the water dish.  <sigh>

Take care and Shana Tova!  (Happy New Year - Jewish style...)

Beverly Burge - Jerusalem Zoo
http://www.itmi.com/jeruzoo/