From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:11:55 -0500
I have to tell this to someone who can appreciate what this means.

I took in those two old guys recently and my cage fits all 5 guys were
comfortably, but I wanted a much larger cage, just because, well you
understand, you have ferrets!!  I contacted Martins Cages and they looked
at my 'design' and quoted me $300 for the cage.  I planned on getting the
cage when my income tax return came in.

Well, the wonderful, sweet, thoughtful man I share my life with knew about
my plan and that I was excited about this new cage.  I was sitting on the
floor the other night rocking the old guy to sleep when he walked into the
rec room and sat down to watch me.  He asked me if I really wanted the cage
and if I wanted that for my birthday present (next month)!  He said he had
something in mind (a new leather coat I fell in love with during xmas
shopping), but I was so thrilled about the cage.  He said it was not a
present he would pick out, but he knew it was something I wanted more
than anything else.

I was so excited and just adored him for being so supportive with the
ferrets and the two old guys coming in.  I told my friends and people at
work and they just kinda looked at me funny, like 'you wanted a CAGE over
an expensive leather coat, are you insane, where are your values???'.
Okay, so maybe I'm a little nuts, but they could never proved anything.....

Anyway I had to post this here, only other ferret owners can appreciate
the emotional value of having a supportive sweetie who may not be a ferret
lover himself (actually, don't tell anybody, but I catch him talking to the
guys all the time!!), but is so wonderful because he knows how much I love
them.

Okay, I'm done, had to brag!!

Hugs to all,

Jen