From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:42:45 -0500
>From:    Dawn Hohl <[log in to unmask]>
>
>My angora ferret has developed a small "knot" for lack of a better word
>on the very tip of her tail.  It is not red and is hard.  It seems to have
>gotten slightly larger the last week.  It is only about double the size of
>the tip of her tail.

When we got Jasmin, about a month ago, the tip of his tail was the same
way.  When we took him to the vet for checkup/shots/etc., the vet said that
sometimes that can be caused through a change of diet (His previous owners
had just switched him from ferret food to a not very good cat food 2 months
earlier).  She told me that since he was now eating ferret food again,
we would watch it & if it wasn't gone in a month, he needed to come back
because it could have also been a skin tumor.  Fortunately, it was
completely gone within a couple of weeks.  I think you should definately
have your vet look at it in case it is a tumor, but even if it is, those
type are usually very easily taken care of.  But tell your vet about any
changes in diet, or any other major changes she may have had lately, as
those may be a factor.