From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 12:13:21 EDT
Hi all--
The place I just moved into has low windows, so I created ferret baffles to
keep them away from the screens.  For each window, I took two tension bars
and stretched a piece of heavy duty clear vinyl between them, about 16
inches tall.  The tension bars go into sleeves in the vinyl which I created
using double-sided carpet tape.  Then I put pieces of 1x1 along the vertical
sides of the baffle to make sure the ferrets can't push through on the
sides.  The nice thing about this set- up is that you don't inflict any
damage on your walls or molding, and since the vinyl is clear, it's not too
much of an eyesore.  Hope this description made sense!

For my doors, I took your basic ordinary baby gate, which your basic
ordinary ferret can climb in two seconds flat, and stapled more vinyl across
the frame.  It's worked for two weeks now.  I haven't had to put anything
round over the top, because neither ferret seems to be able to jump that
high (after meeting some other male ferrets, I realize that Cully is pretty
small for a male).

Time to go hit the park with the critters before it starts pouring again!
Oh, and right on to Gary H and Mo' Bob!

Regina, Cully and Amelia