From:
Ginger Loggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 20:39:05 -0700
Hi there!

    I mostly lurk, so I want to be sure and mention how helpful this list is
with my first ferret.  I used to use corn cob litter, and dump it all out of
her cage litter box every other day so I didn't have to worry about toe
fungus or anything.  But, that litter is *real* expensive and we just ran
out of it.  So, while at the local Sav-A-Center grocery store in New Orleans
we bought some cat litter.  But I'm not feeling sure we got a
ferret-friendly kind.  It was made by the sav-a-center's store brand,
America's choice.  It is 99% dust free.  It's called purr/scent, or
something "cute" like that.  Depite that it's spose to be virtually dust
free, it made my nose twich, of course I'm allergic to just about every
thing on this planet.  Regardless, I'm a little worried.  What brand names
are safe?  If it is a little too dusty, will it just give her a little hay
fever, or should I get something new immediately if I hear her coughing too
much?  I'm also wondering juts now if dust is the only problem with cat
litter, but I can check the WWW page for that.

    I know she enjoys this litter more.  ;) When I put it in, she went into
a jumping frenzy!  As I type, she has wondered back into her cage to lean
over the litter box and dig all into it -- scratch that, she's all into it,
digging through it with her face.

    Anyway, any recommended cat litter, that'll save me some money would be
appreciated.  Thanks!

              Ginger  (What do you think Jezzebel, is it OK?)
              Jezzebel (Who cares, it soo much fun to dig in!!!)