From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 22:38:12 -0600
Well, it is certainly good to be getting the FML again.  The last everyone
heard from me I was trying to save the pet store baby.  Since then we have
moved...and I just got out of the hospital with bad asthma.  And I am just
now sitting down trying to catch up on the posts.  Has anyone ever noticed
how appreciative ferrets are?  I was dragged off by an ambulance the other
night and taken to the hospital and put in ICU for two whole days.  I get
home, do my kids miss me?  No.  They were to busy having fun at gramma's.
But my fuzzies did.  Boy did they ever miss me.  They got all excited, and
started dooking the second I walked in the door.  I let them out to see me,
and they even stopped nosing around the new house for a second to say hi to
mom.  Made me feel good to know I was at least missed by someone.  :-)

Well, this Friday when we get our check, we are taking the dynamic duo off
to the vet for a check up, shots and Shandy's surgery. (gettin spayed)  And
we will probably splurge on some toys, a new cage, and collars and other
neat stuff as well.  I think Shandy needs a nice new red collar to go with
her beautiful thick sable coat.  I was thinking that now that we are going
to have the money, I would like to adopt another one.  So if anyone in the
Okc area knows of a fuzzy needing a good home just give me a hollar.  They
make such a happy couple.  Maybe they need a little baby to complete the
family?  Or in that case, an uncle ferret, or maybe a gramma ferret might
make it kinda nice too.  Whatever god passes our way I guess.  I keep
thinking that I need to start my own ferret shelter and rescue now that we
have our own home and not an apartment.  I have no idea how to do it, or how
much is involved.  I can bet it would be alot though.  I just know that
there isn't one here in Okc, and I think there needs to be one.  And I could
sit around and wait forever for someone else to start one.  Dont get me
wrong, I love all animals.  But ferrets aren't just animals to me, I love
ferrets more than I do most people.  And now that were getting our car payed
off, and our rent will be 200 less a month, I think I might be able to swing
it?  Who knows.  Does one have to be 501 c3 tax exempt to run a shelter?  I
really do kinda want a baby right about now.  Allthough I swore I would not
buy a MF kit from a pet store.  I do know of a great cage place that doesn't
sell pets, but the owner says he knows of a breeder with kits for sale.  I
am still not sure though.  With Shandy being the new baby right now, I dont
really want her to feel left out.  And I am not sure how she would react to
a baby either.  She is awfully rough and rambunctious with her beau.

Well I guess we will just have to see.  Great to be breathing, have fuzzies
and get the fml.

I have to go, they are staring at me, waiting for me to come play with them
now. :-)

Michelle and the dynamic duo