From:
Jessica Manson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:31:44 -0400
hello fuzzy friends,

just wanted to see if anyone had a possible answer for this one...here
goes...

my dog, my 2 cats & 5 ferrets are all going through what would look like
seasonal allergies, if there's any such thing in animals...it's pollen
time here in southeastern massachusetts, and i for one am definitely
beginning to feel it.  all eight of the beasts have been coughing,
hacking, sneezing & snorting the days away for about the past 2 weeks,
and i am wondering worriedly if it could be pollen-related allergies,
if animals actually get these things.  by the same token, everyone is
shedding; could this be a mass inhalation of fur on everyone's part??
particularly with the carpet sharks; they're so low to the ground & always
sniffing!!  my dog is a golden retriever & is shedding something fierce,
so i have images of massive blonde furballs building up in everyone's
sinuses.

i just wanted to know if anyone has been through this with their pets
before i go off running like a frightened fool to my vet; this is also
our first spring in a new (to us) house, so i am concerned that it could
be some kind of mold or airborne toxin that's causing them to have these
symptoms.  any stories or tips would be helpful...thanks!!

a worried fuzzmom,
jessica.

p.s.; i haven't changed my cleaning materials or done any major home
construction within the time frame of their symptoms' occurence...just to
let you know!

jessica l. manson
whimsy creative photography!
28 stafford st.