From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 07:51:58 -0400
Jubal was out doing ferret things last night - normally, he pops out
about every 15-20 minutes and says hi (actually, he tries to bite me,
same difference) - if he does not check in - then I look for him.
Well, he "vanished" last night.  He was missing for almost 2 hours.  My
husband, who is hearing, came home.  Looked around a bit.  No go.  This
ferret does not sleep, so that basically ruled out the idea that he was
asleep someplace.  We turned off the AC, fan, PC, etc. then listened....
heard a scratching.  Jubal had tumbled down a roll of topographic maps
that were upright in the closet and could not dig his way out.  We dumped
him out and caged one very thirsty ferret.  Whew.  Stuffed some stuff on
top of the maps so he can't fall in again.

Chance the puppy had been listening and looking in that area, but he did
not try pointing.  Guess I will have to teach Chance to track ferrets.

Nan and Jubal