From:
Cyndi Hulst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:43:30 -0400
>Marshall Farms has done FAR more FOR ferrets than almost any other
>company.  Sorry if reality doesn't match what you want to be true.

Does that make their practices right?

MF probably has done FAR more FOR ferrets then almost any other company,
but why?  Because they are constantly looking for information to 'build
the better ferret', something that will hold up a little longer then the
other suppliers ferts so that when a lab tech is dumping turpentine in its
eyes and feeding it arsenic they are able to confirm that these substances
are toxic.  Check out their website, you won't find any info on how much
Marshalls has done FOR ferrets by way of animal testing.  You won't find
any information on that part of their business period.  It's something
they don't like to admit because it would ruin their facade that they are
a warm, family oriented, ferret-friendly company.

When a store carries MF products that is telling me that they think it is
okay that Marshall Farms has purposely bred thousands and thousands of
animals specifically for lab experimentation.  That is NOT okay with me.
That is blatant disregard of the truth, that being that animals and humans
are two different species and therefore renders results useless.  I feel
that all life is precious.  It makes my skin crawl as each time I think of
this, I envision the faces of my fuzzy kids in those lab cages.  Therefore,
I DO NOT BUY ANY PRODUCT WITH MF'S NAME ON IT.  Yes, they may be trying to
help get ferrets legalized in CA, but again, why?  Because of the almighty
dollar.  MF is much more concerned with the bottom line of their ledgers
then with the ferrets.

As for the relationship between Dr. Willard, 8in1 or any other company
that has consulted MF, that is not of concern to me.  Reason being that
their products give me 'animal friendly' alternatives, so I CAN CHOOSE
not to buy Marshalls.

I strongly believe that animal testing is wrong.  I do what I can to make
sure that my hard earned money is not blood money going to a puppy/ferret
mill.  I asked not to be flamed, as I said, this is MY OPINION.

Bright Blessings,

Cyndi
Weezie, Hayley, Jewel & Sammie
Thelma in spirit