From:
Michael Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:52:30 -0500
Hello,

My vet is out of town and things seem to be ok but I wanted to check with
the list participants if they have any thoughts.  I have a 4-5 yr old
ferret who is up to date on his shots.  Last night he started to throw up
and continued for about an hour.  His vomit quickly turned into a white
froth (probably because he had no food left in his stomach).  He appeared
listless and his eyes seemed glazed for a while.  I fed him some petromalt
and gave him water.  He appeared to be ok, though rather out of it.  When
he fell asleep so did i.  This morning (5 hours later) he seemed ok, it
looked as he only vomited again once or twice, he was a bit more active and
drank some more water, his eyes were no longer glazed and he could move
steadily around.  About two hours later he seemed pretty much back to his
normal self, went to the bathroom (in the litter box which in itself may
be cause for concern - joking), he stool is a little runny, he seems to be
drinking normally, I am not sure if he is eating.  I am keeping on eye on
him though.

Does any one think I should be overly concerned or that he just got hold
of something that did not agree with him.  He shows no other systems.

Thank you in advance for your help.

ps- he was a rescue ferret off this list that i gave a home to over two
years ago in NYC.