Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:52:49 -0500
Has anyone ever had a ferret with a ruptured ear drum?  I had to take my
Max to see our vet today because he couldn't walk without falling over
and his head was tilted to the left.

I thought it might have been his sugar and gave him a little honey and
his duck soup and over the hrs he got a little better so off to the vet
we go and she checked his ears and she said the right one was ruptured.
She said it could be caused by an ear infection or earmites but he didn't
have either.

If anyone has had anything like this before please let me know and if
there is any reading about it please pass it on also.

My vet also said surgery could be done but it would be a VERY delicate
surgery and she didn't know anyone who would do it.

Thanks
Anna and Max