From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 09:50:49 -0500
GatorMail-Q                   Re: Stuffed Ferret toys

The National Wildlife Federations sells mother and baby stuffed black-footed
ferrets for $25 and $13, respectively, 1-800-432-6564. Kinda pricey, but for
a good cause. They also have a cute t-shirt with a family of ferrets on it.

My daughter has another stuffed ferret from the National Zoo. She's had it
for about a year (it came with a book and tape), and just got the momma
ferret for her birthday a month ago. Don't let her see this, because the baby
will arrive at Christmas. :-)

Let me introduce our un-stuffed ferret: Belle, a 2 1/2 year old female sable.
She loves raisins, crinkly plastic, and cuddling when she is sleepy. She will
come (sometimes) when we whistle if she isn't sleeping or involved in
something more interesting.

She loves to dig in plants. The only way we could save ours was to cover the
dirt with wire mesh. Even hot pepper powder (which once taught our dog to
keep out of the trash) didn't deter her. It was just dig, dig, dig, ah-choo!
dig, dig, ah-choo.

Linda, Richard, Joy
   and Belle