From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:31:34 -0800
This is difficult to write.  First, because it is a grief that can't be
shared - a grief so large I am left cold and empty.  And second, because
the words would not come.

Sometimes an animal companion comes along that makes you better than you
are - he makes you do things you thought you would never do and he shows
you that yes, one person can make a difference.  Tyson was that kind of
companion.  He made me want to do more - for ferrets and for the people
who love ferrets.  He was my reason for doing all that I do, all that
I've done.  He was my light.  He was my drive, my determination, my
inspiration.  He started the spark and fanned it to a flame and it was
he who kept me going.  Ten days ago, in the wee hours of Saturday morning
on Dec 3rd, while laying in a blanket curled up by my side, Tyson left
my life.  The light is gone.  I am dark.

To say that I am lost now is a bit of an understatement.  I am trying to
stay focused on the too-many projects I have going, the physical therapy
on my elbow, Christmas, and coping with the death of beloved member of
my husband's family.  I will somehow muddle through all of this but I
know losing Tyson has changed me and I will never be the same.

The reason that I am writing this is because Tyson did have some friends
and they deserve to know he is gone.  He received a Christmas Card from
his one-true-love Bibi which he never saw and two others addressed to
Tyson, Hope and Einstein.  Friends deserve to know the truth.  Tyson is
gone.

Judy Cooke
Co-Director IFC
Support Our Shelters