From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:55:40 -0700
Thank you, Kim, for your very well-written post!  I agree entirely with
everything you stated.  Who cares if people receive a refund, that is not
the point.  The point is BAD BREEDING practices and the neglect that these
poor animals go through.  I, too, have seen the crates that these babies
are shipped in, and I have also complained.  In fact, I recall a litter of
Triple F babies coming into a local Petco (they had decided to try Triple F
for awhile because MF was shipping too young).  The crate was tiny (they
could barely stand), filled with wood shavings, no food and a plastic sack
filled with something called "Napa Nectar".  This was what was supposed to
fill in as water.  I called Triple F and spoke to Jack (owner) and he could
not tell me what Napa Nectar even is but that the ferrets are supposed to
"chew through the plastic bag and lick it when they get thirsty".  This
bothered me that he did not even know what he was shipping the ferrets with
and the fact that he was recommending that the kits chew through a plastic
bag (this is dangerous folks).  So all of you out there who think that I
only despise Marshall Farms practices, think again.  I despise all ferret
mills that are shipping ferrets in unsafe conditions, and also those mills
that are over-breeding, and causing health defects in those they produce.
I still don't believe Marshall Farms has a computer tracking system for
breeding and until they can provide me with the evidence (I have requested
numerous times), I will continue to believe that they don't.  In fact,
until Marshall can provide proof of what they say, I am going on my own
personal experiences with them, which have not been good.  Marshall Farms
has been given numerous opportunities to put themselves out of the negative
limelight, simply by allowing others to see exactly what they do, or
provide proof that what they claim actually exists.  Now, in my opinion, if
a business has nothing to hide and they could benefit by the exposure, why
wouldn't they then?  Something is not quite right.  I have told Marshall
Farms this (NOT customer service, a higher level employee), and implored
them that the bad rumors, etc...could be squelched if they revealed these
great and careful practices they claim to abide by.  Apparently, it is not
important to them and I can only assume that this is because they don't
have to impress the general public, since it is not the general public they
are selling ferrets to.  If this were the case, I bet there would be more
concern for what the general public thinks, not the suppliers.  Pet stores
don't appear to be as concerned over their practices.  It is all about
profit and who can supply the kits at the cheapest price.

To Sonya, bless you for adopting an ADV positive little one.  You have a
very big heart and I think that Renny would be proud!  Your love of ferrets
knows no bounds.  That little gal is lucky to have you!

Oops there goes another white tube sock.

If anyone can provide a logical explanation for Marshall Farms actions, I
would like to hear them.  Also, if anyone knows what Napa Nectar is, I
would also appreciate knowing that too and what it is supposed to be used
for.  I am still scratching my head on that one.  Flames will not be
responded to, only civil, logical comments without profanity.

Thank you.