From:
Madeline Su <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 21:39:31 -0700
AN EASTER TAIL

I Swear, I would never stoop to making this up!

Last Wednesday, one of my ferrets, a 5 mo old silver mitt sable, jumped out
of a 2nd story window that had a loose screen.  I didn't take any notice of
her absence on Wed because this particular weasel is the master of the fast
fade..  she doesn't come around for the bedtime whistle.  Anyway, I didn't
notice until the next day.  Needless to say I was heartbroken.  There was no
sign of her at all.  A thick hedge lay underneath the window, so I figured
she survived the fall.  No trace though.  I took the day off work and combed
the neighborhood for her, whistling futilely, to no avail.  Days passed.  I
called the animal control office in my city (Albuquerque, NM), but they
didn't have any stray ferrets brought in.  Ahhhhh.  Yeah, last chance.
Major, major bummer.  OK, so guess what happens tonight, eh?  The landlady
next door knocks...  and guess who she's got squirming in her freak'n arms?
Yup.  Miss Polly Jean DeVoe.  Looking quite healthy and stinking of motor
oil (and by God, I haven't figured that one out yet)!  Oh, yeah, she trots
right in, and takes a few sips of water, a few pieces of Science Diet, then
curls up and takes a nap.  Must have been poach'n some other animals food
out in the big world.  Wakes up & steals one of my freak'n socks!  So
anyway...  I ain't religious, but I sure am happy to have my little girl
back!