From:
"Alayne M. Whaley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 1994 23:23:41 -0400
Hello all.

Lots of questions tonight.

I have been reading the FML since about #872.  I originally missed the
beginning of the story about Charlie.  I have since gotten some back issues
and got the beginning of the story.  Michelle said because she already had
twelve ferrets, she wasn't eager to take another on, but she did...I'm
confused, I thought she ran a shelter.  Why would she have to take this extra
one in herself?  If I remember correctly, Charlie was renamed Ko Ko Mo and
found a good home?

What is the current situation in Michigan regarding ferrets?

What's the best way to ferret proof a waterbed heater wire?

I am currently caring for an extra ferret.  This ferret is, to put in mildly,
quite mean.  He doesn't want to be held, never has, from what I understand.
I am guessing he is 3-4 months old, btw.  The last few weeks, he has been
getting aggressive.  He will bite at you through the cage when you try to
let him out.  And once he nipped his owner and got flicked in the nose, and he
got mad and bit the owner badly enough that he got a 3/4" cut on his
fingertip.  He seems to be healthy, other than he has an odor to him not
similar to my other two ferrets, one of which is also a whole male.  It isn't
the musk odor.  Any one have any ideas?  To be honest, I'm not convinced he
isn't sick, so I don't want the others to have contact with him.  And I'm
afraid to handle him.  Only one of mine ever nipped me, and he was broken of
that rather quickly.  Could this just be a bad ferret?  I am sure the owner
has cared for him well, I know it hasn't been abused.  What should I try?
If he breaks the skin that badly, I don't want to try to stick my finger far
in his mouth.

Thanks much for any replies.

--
Alayne M. Whaley            !
[log in to unmask] !      This space intentionally left blank.