From:
carol ellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:46:14 -0500
Hi all I hope everyone had a happy and healthy New year!!  my condolences
to everyone with a sick fuzzy or one that has passed over to the rainbow
bridge!!

I'm usually a lurker, but now I have a problem yet again with Alex
( henceforth referred to as the queen) well the queen has now yet again
decided her diet should be dog food.....here's what I've tried, keeping
her in her cage until she gets hungry enough to eat the ferret food,
putting the dog food up( she just starves herself until I put the dog
food back down, and she can have it) She'll actually fight the dog for
the food!!!!

Any thoughts on how to get the queen to eat her kibble???  I haven't
changed ferret food but did try cat food hoping she would eat that, but
nothing only dog food will make her eat.  Her cage mate Taz only will eat
ferret food, occasionally cat food but that's it.

I'm not sure what to do and I'm not sure how unhealthy this is for her??
She does get her ferretvite everyday.

Thanks
Carol