From:
Chris Haas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1993 16:46:20 -0400
Hi all,

My female ferret Nina (or Niner-beaners :*) is 3.5 years old.
She appears lively and healthy - but does seem to be slowing
down in her approaching old age.  Anyway, recently she has
developed these 2 dark greyish/ bluish spots on her lower
abdomin, between her two little legs.  Each spot looks like
it is about centered over her "hip" joint when looking at
the stomach.  The 2 spots are relatively symmetric - that's
wierd too.

Anyway, worried mommy took her to the vet (and I think he's
a pretty knowledgeable vet, he is supposed to be the editor of
some "ferret medical journal" somewhere).  He said that it was
just pigment spots - he's seen it before in cats and dogs.
Not to worry unless they swell up or get "blacker."

I talked to Nancy and she said she had never heard of pigment
spots and recommended that I post here.

So if any of you know anything, please EMAIL ME!  I am so
far behind on Ferret Mailing Lists - I have been sick
for the last 3 weeks, and haven't read them in as long,
but I will catch up someday.

Thanks much,

Chris
& Tavi & Nina & Scooter