From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 09:19:19 -0400
Hi everybody!

On the weekend, I went to the local healthfood/vitamin place to get some
vitamin K for a recipe we're going to try on my hypoglycemic/insulinomic
ferret, Gushi.  We're here in Toronto and I was told by the woman at the
store, who was quite knowledgeable, that Vitamin K is illegal to sell in
Canada.  Anybody know why??  She informed me that alfalfa sprouts are the
next best thing.  Problem is, she didn't know how many milligrams (or
whatever) there are usually in a tablet of vitamin K and therefore didn't
know how much alfala would equal one tablet.

I'm not so sure about using alfala - maybe I could just squeeze the juice
out of some.  Does anyone know how much I should use, if any??  Something
odd feeling about using "bunny food" on a carnivore.  Thanks in advance for
any help you can give!

Take care and hugs to all!
George, Jasper and the Crew

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret