From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 07:29:10 -0400
Hello all.  If you thought that by not hearing about the State by State page
it meant nothing was happening, you're mistaken!  I've been working non-stop
on this project, it's coming along well.  For those of you who volunteered
to research your state, you should be receiving an e-mail about it any
moment.

We've selected a name for the project.  The web site will be called the
International Ferret Rights Information Center.  It will list every bit of
pertinent information that can be known about ferrets, listed by state,
province, or country.  Volunteers are as of now called Kodo Fighters!  :-)

Why I'm posting, however, is that there are still far too many areas that
are as yet unrepresented.  PLEASE read this list.  If your state still needs
volunteers, I'm begging you, in the name of Kodo, in the name of ferretdom,
please volunteer!  If you are worried that it will take too much time, it
really shouldn't.  Only some phone calls, getting some mail sent to you, and
then having to report back to me so I can post the information.

In addition to the states listed below, I can still DEFINITELY use people
for states that already have volunteers.  The more volunteers per state, the
faster the research can be done, and the easier it is for everyone.  If you
want to participate in a project that could very likely end needless killing
of ferrets like Kodo, e-mail me!!!!!

NOTE: Please, if you are volunteering for your state, country, etc., please
send e-mail to me, [log in to unmask], with the subject header IFRIC:
Volunteer.  It will greatly help me!!

States that need volunteers:
ALABAMA, ALASKA, ARIZONA, DELAWARE, HAWAII, IDAHO, KENTUCKY (have one
volunteer that requested help), MAINE, MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI, NEVADA, NEW
MEXICO, NORTH CAROLINA, NORTH DAKOTA, OREGON, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH DAKOTA,
TENNESSEE, TEXAS, UTAH, VERMONT, WYOMING.

Texas already has one volunteer, but this state cannot be handled by one
person.  Please, if you live in Texas, offer to help!!!

Countries that are represented include: Queensland, Australia; British
Columbia and Alberta, Canada; Israel; and Germany.  We can use more help
from these countries and any other countries that have ferrets!

That's it for now.  This project is a worthy one, please consider helping
out!

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady