From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:13:57 -0800
I'm so glad that I'm finally able to come and tell you all about little
Bullwinkle that crossed the bridge last Friday, the fourth of November.
I can't stay long to tell you all about his arrival because it's nearly
nightfall and he won't let me.  I'll explain the reason in a bit.

Early Friday, out of a warm glow at the end of the bridge I heard the
steady creak of the old worn planks of the bridge along with the tiny
clicking of nails.  A familiar sound.  This one however was a little more
unsure.  I thought he was sad, or reluctant to be here.  But I was wrong.
He was just in awe with his new whole being.  The energy he felt, the
vigor, and most of all ... new eyes.  Eyes that glimmered in the sun and
sparkled in the starlight.  Never will he be blind again.  He finally
came towards me and once he set his paws onto the grass, I began
introducing myself and telling him where he was.  He listened, but he
also was busy adoring his new glimmering angel wings.  I took my paw and
flicked a nail onto his halo making it ring out to show him that he also
had a nice new halo as well.  I got a little more than I asked for when I
did that.  He leaped up, twisted around, shook his head side to side with
his mouth open and then alligator rolled right into the heather.

Silly Winky!!!

You know ferrets ... not much attention span.  So onto the treat bar we
went.  We hardly gobbled down our snacks when he was off to examine the
shoots and ladders in the clouds.  Then he was snuffling through the
clouds.  My goodness I couldn't keep up.  I finally just sat up on a
cloud and watched him dig through laundry mountain, scrape through a rice
bed, and get some licks out of ferretone fountain.  Finally he paused.
And I was quickly by his side.  You see, I was anticipating what would
eventually hit him.  He asked where Rocky was.  I told him that although
his parents can't imagine a Rocky without his Winky that it would all be
okay.  I promised him that he would not suffer and miss Rocky, Mommy,
Daddy, Gramma Kathy and Gramma Mitzie because in heaven time is not
measurable.  A year down there might only be a second here.  And so
forth.  I told him that the his family would now curl around Rocky to
embrace him and help him move on until he comes up here to be joined with
Winky once more.  Rocky would help his people to heal over time.  And as
far as who is going to curl up with Winky ... well there is an infinity
of weangels to snug up to, and the Big Boss will be here with big strong
arms to hold him.  No worries.  Now that Bullwinkle has sparkley eyes,
he can watch his family through the reflecting pond.  And he can listen
to them through the clouds.  Who knows, Winky might even give Rocky a
nuzzle in his dreams.

So now I need to explain where I've been.  Well it's those dern
fireballs.  You heard me right.  Fireballs!  Yup.  And the ferrets have
been going nuts chasing them and biting at the smokey trails that they
leave.  Bullwinkle ... has been the worst one!  He is convinced that he
can catch one.  So, I don't tell him.  I just let him have his fun.  The
fireballs will be falling to earth for quite a while.  So on a clear
night, look to the east.  And if you look to the darkest part of the sky,
you might see one of the wonders that the weangels are chasing.