From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:29:17 -0500
It is a bright new year-- and with that comes new changes.  Effective
immediately Ferret Wise Shleter requires any potential admittees to have a
prior ADV test done witth a local vet.  The shelter will be in the weeks
ahead be testing all current residents.

Now, this will not effect many as we are a rehabilitation facility and most
ferrets are referred from other agencies -- these referred ferrets will be
tested and quarantined by Ferret Wise.  While those general and special
admissions ferrets from the private sector will be required to have testing
done as well as vet / vaccination history presented for admission.  Yes the
new procedures will add to the already growing costs of food , vet care
etc., but it is in good faith and good conscience we have adopted this
policy .  As we hear more and more about young ferrets expiring and no
known cause, about the need for an ADV positive shelter in TX, and with
the ability of ferrets to cross vast areas in short periods of time thanks
to our current forms of transportation, this is the way to -- try to
guarantee -- we have done the best we can for those we care for.  So, you
will I fear from time to time hear we are running another fund raiser--
these are some of the reasons.

On a brighter note-- we would all like to extend thanks to Iliana, Noah,
Nomar & Neko who so generously have started forwarding their treat money
to help with the hospice kids.

The note that arrived with their check said " Hi shelter MOm!  we are so
lucky to have our own home and lots of toys  we wanted to share a little
to help some of the kids who live at the shelter---" I am so moved by the
"kids" and their folks for thinking of the ones who will remain.  We do
appreciate it!

This month they are assisting with Pasteur a survivor of the Loving Friends
seizure in Egg Harbor, NJ.  He is scheduled for more blood work in two
weeks-- we hope to see some small improvement.  Meanwhile he is eating
kibble on his own and having small bursts of activity-- itself a BIG
improvement since his arrival!

Hope all is well in the ferret world -- off to the vets we have another
surgery today!@

aliciai
for the many faces of Ferret Wise
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html